Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Kinect for Xbox

Kinect looks amazing! I can not wait until November 4 when it comes out. It supposedly will come with a free game. The question is, which one? If it some lame game I'm going to be pissed. I really like the idea of Joyride as the free game but apparently that is no longer the free game that will be included. It is rumored to be priced at $149 on gamestop.  I've always wanted a Wii but Ben already has an Xbox so this sounds awesome since I really do not want tons of game systems.  I'm not going to lie, I really do not play video games like I use to.  I play super smash brothers every once in a while on my game cube but I'm not a gamer.  I wish I could play Xbox but I hate the controller.  Ben wants the new Xbox..which is okay with me I guess. It will cost twice as much as the one I got him for Christmas. (I ordered him an Xbox 360 pro for $150 off of ebay)

The new Xbox 360  is sleeker (and Kinect ready!!). Costing $300. I'm okay with this price because it's smaller, touch sensitive buttons, wifi (so the stupid internet router that is in the way of my stuff can be gone!), port for the Kinect, 250 GB of memory, super quiet-only has one fan so hopefully doesn't over heat :(, 5 USB slots, and well it just looks nicer.  I'm a sucker for new stuff even if I won't use it.

So pretty much this Holiday season I will be spending like $500 just on Xbox related stuff. BUT Ben says he will give his Xbox and internet router to my brother..so I'm okay with it. I always spend way to much money on him for holidays.

Anyways I got off topic. I really like most of the games..I do not really like the interactive pet game..but maybe once Abby is older she might like it..

Over all it sounds awesome, and I want all the new stuff!

Playstation move sounds lame though.

Word

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I am one of your partners for the follow my blog swap on swap-bot.
I was reading your post about the new xbox and I thought maybe you might be up for my two cents as it were.

Kinect is supposed to be really cool, however it DOES work on the old xbox so there if all you wanted was the kinect you don't really have to buy the new system. Also the new system is breaking down for a lot of people because there is so much in there but only 1 fan.

My husband was going to buy one too but after all of this information he decided to just get the Kinect when it is available.

Hope I didn't overstep.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm visiting from Swap-Bot :)

- rumblegirl

M for Short said...

Hi Jessica.
OK, I've done all my swap research. You and my other 9 swappers on featured on today's post:
http://funasyoumakeit.blogspot.com/2010/07/swap-success.html
Hope you enjoy.
-M for Short

TARAism said...

Another one from good ol' swap-bot. I like your blog! Along with following you, I'm featuring you in a post that should be up within the hour. Happy blogging!

Unknown said...

Yep, from swap-bot too...

I love it when others speak geek! We do rock! I bought the Wii because of the Wii Fit...but um, you're making me lean away from my Wii and my PS3....am I to be lured away again...only to have to buy new toys and gadgets? Well, again...I am a geek and gadgets are our happyville!

Nice to find your blog. I look forward to reading more geekspeak!

Have a great day - Dee aka NikonGoddess

Sparsile Vacivity said...

@kayleena you didn't overstep :) From what I have heard Kinnect does work on the older xbox but it pretty much takes up all the memory :( that's why I'm really excited about the newer xbox

@mforshort thank you :)

@TARAism thank you for featuring me! I just checked out your blog and it's seriously one of my favorite blogs now!!

@NikonGoddess :) gamers are awesome! thank you for the nice comment!

Swidget 1.0 5